Once you have added your DNS DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) record you can carry out a quick check following the steps below to make sure that it has been added correctly.
- Open https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx in the browser of your choice
- Type in the ‘Host’ of the DKIM record that has been set up. For example, if the emails are set to send from email@example.com you would enter the value ciphr._domainkey.yourcompany.com
- Click the drop down and select the option DKIM Lookup
- Click on the DKIM Lookup button and the results will be generated in a table visible within the browser
- If the DKIM record has been set up correctly you will see the line in the results below:
- If the ‘valid’ line is not in the results you will need to check the DNS DKIM record you added against the example we provided. If you see a red x in the results this means that the DNS DKIM record has not been applied correctly